Hand-held clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter
• Pipe diameters: 10 mm to over 3,000 mm (3 m)
• For pure, clean, dirty and aerated liquids
• Temperatures: -30 °C to +200 °C
• Bi-directional flow measurement
• Accuracy: ±0.5 % (velocity)
• Battery operation: Up to 24 hours
• Mains operation: Unlimited
• Internal data logger for 100,000 measurements
• Dedicated pipe wall thickness gauge (optional)
• Incorporated bi-directional totalizer
• Meter diagnostic functions
• Data download via RS 232 or USB cable
• Real time data transfer possible
• Intuitive flow meter menu and Setup Wizard
• Unique Audible Sensor Positioning Assistant
• Robust housing with rubber shock protector
The KATflow 200 is an innovative portable flow meter providing engineers with a robust, easy-to-use and lightweight instrument that offers the measurement performance of more complex and expensive devices.
With a weight of less than 700 g, the KATflow 200 is a very light portable flow meter which can be carried in one hand. This makes it an ideal tool for the use in confined spaces. Due to its robust housing with rubber shock protector, the flow meter is suitable for applications in tough, industrial conditions.
As with all other Katronic models, the KATflow 200 offers an intuitive instrument menu and Setup Wizard which guides the user step-by-step through the meter configuration.
The correct installation of the clamp-on sensors on the pipe is made easy by the incorporated Audible Sensor Positioning Assistant which gives the user visual and audible indications during sensor mounting.
Data logger and download interface
The KATflow 200 can be ordered with an internal data logger, which is available in two sizes to store up to 30,000 or 100,000 measurements with each measurement comprising up to 10 units (velocity, volume, mass units) which can be selected by the user before each measurement.
In combination with a data logger, the KATflow 200 is supplied with the KATdata+ software which enables the user to download and visualise the flow data on a computer after the measurement or in real-time using the embedded terminal function. The data can be transferred via RS 232 or USB.
Transport case options
The compact KATflow 200 has two transport case options available. Depending on whether the user requires high portability or robustness, the hand-held flow meter can be ordered with a lightweight soft or crush-proof transport case.
Furthermore, the KATflow 200 can be delivered with a dedicated pipe wall thickness gauge that plugs directly into the flow meter.
Ultrasonic sensors and wall thickness gauge
The ultrasonic clamp-on sensors and wall thickness gauges are manufactured with a stainless steel head and sturdy cable conduit ensuring extreme robustness. They are fully auto detected and interchangeable between all portable KATflow instruments.
The ultrasonic sensors cover a pipe diameter range from 10 mm to 3,000 mm and process temperatures from -30 °C to +200 °C.
All KATflow clamp-on ultrasonic flow meters apply ultrasonic transit-time measurement technology.
This enables the instruments to provide highly accurate and reliable flow data for almost any kind of liquid regardless of its electric conductivity.
How to contact us
If you are interested in the KATflow 200, please call our office on +44 (0)2476 714 111.
Alternatively, you can send us an email or use the contact form which can be found on the contact page of our website.
• Pump testing and inspection
• Inline flowmeter performance verification
• Leakage and blockage detection
• Flow surveys
• Cooling and heating fluid measurements
• Deluge and extinguisher system testing
• Demineralised water measurement
• Clean room applications
• CIP measurements